The Central Library in Wapakoneta will be having a Silent Auction on Wednesday, December 13th from 10:00am - 7:00pm in preparation of the upcoming renovations. A wide assortment of furniture, shelving, and library items are available for purchase. Stop in during the sale to place a bid on the items you wish to buy. All winning bidders will be notified on Thursday, December 14th and pick up times will be arranged.
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming renovation of our Central Library in Wapakoneta. This is a project that has been in development for many years. Take time to read about the needs that will be fulfilled by completing this renovation and the plan that will make it happen. We are asking for community support to help fund these changes. Please see the links at the bottom of the page to view the architectual image and the donation form. Thank you for supporting our local library!
Identifying our Need
- Mission Statement - The Auglaize County Public District Library System provides resources to serve the informational, educational, and recreational needs of the public.
- The role of libraries has changed over the past 50 years since the construction of our current library facility. Libraries have become community centers and are no longer warehouses for books.
- The people who walk through our doors are not only accessing our books, they are using our space for a wide variety of purposes including access to technology, meeting spaces, programs, classes, interactive learning, and so much more.
- Our current design does not adapt to the changing needs of our community and the population we serve.
- After assessing the changing needs of our local community, it is our goal to update our building and create a space that will provide a community center concept that is relevant and effective in meeting the community needs.
- Libraries are no longer quiet buildings but buildings with designated quiet areas. We invite you to come and enjoy yourself, interact with friends, take a class, attend an event, relax with a cup of coffee by the fireplace, or watch the children learn through interactive play spaces.
Our IT Service Manager will be hosting Technology Help Time classes on Mondays in June. All of the classes are 30 minute sessions and start at 10:30, 1:30 and 5:00 respectively. You can visit our online calendar and sign up for best time that fits with your schedule or sign up at one of our 6 libraries. Registration and the classes are open to all the public and are FREE!
The Auglaize County Libraries have made it easier for you to find your favorite books, DVDs, and more! The library has joined the SEO library consortium and expanded our collection to give you access to over 224 libraries throughout 46 counties in Ohio. If you do not find the item you wish to borrow in our catalog, just click on the link to fill out the request form for SEO Interlibrary loans.